Getting a loan has never been easier. I didn't have fax anything and there was no unnecessary paperwork. Thank you so much
Jessica, Dallas, TX
“I need a 1500 dollar loan”. Does that sound familiar? You are in the market for a loan and you may also be considering applying for one of the personal loans. But before you do, there are certain things you should keep in mind.
While attempting to get a loan may not be a problem today, there are some dos and don’ts that might save you from a bad financial situation later.
Here is what you should do before entering the market for a loan, however small it may be.
1. Look at your credit score. – Do you know that many creditors look at your credit score before giving you the loan? Do that check before them, so you know what you are in for. You don’t want anyone denying you a loan because of fraudulent activity. You can get a loan for low credit rating but fraudulent activity raises the red flags.
2. Fix your credit report. – If you find some errors or fraudulent activity in your credit report, correct the report first. Sometimes, it could be something as simple as outdated employment details, or addresses to accounts that are delinquent.
3. Prepare a budget for personal loans. - You must know exactly what you are going to use the loan money for. Decide on a payment plan and stick to it, so that you are not forced to look for another loan to repay the first, which unfortunately is what many people end up doing.
4. Compare a few personal loans before deciding on one. - Look for the best deals, such as lower interest rates and better repayment options. Confirm what other fees are involved. Ask questions before making a final decision.
5. Use the online applications available. - Filling in an online form is the fastest way of getting a response from the lender.
Here are some don’ts – things you should avoid doing:
1. Don’t apply for more than one loan at the same time. – You cannot do that hoping at least one will come through. It’s easy to think, “I need a 1500 dollar loan” immediately, and start filling up online applications for multiple loans at the same time. This is also one way to raise red flags.
2. Don’t fill the loan application form without checking the “approval requirements” first. Why would you want to apply for a loan if you are not meeting the lender’s requirements? These are professional lenders who have certain rules in place. Know what they are. With many of them, the restrictions are few.
3. Don’t apply for a new loan when one is rejected. You should first see why you have been rejected and correct that before applying for a new loan.
4. Don’t consider a loan as the answer to your financial troubles. “I need a 1500 dollar loan to pay this month’s bills” is the kind of thinking that cannot be applied to solve your financial issues. Find ways of earning a steady regular income to pay your bills. A loan is only meant to help you in an emergency, it cannot be considered “earnings.”
5. Don’t apply for loans if you don’t need the money. There will always be lenders who are willing to give you money. When you find good and genuine lenders that don’t ask for any documentation or credit rating, it can be tempting to take the money, especially if you have been having problems for sometime.
But think about it, it’s NOT YOUR money. You have to pay it back and with interest. Take it only when you have a strong purpose.
In this economy when people are struggling to meet both ends, an ideal situation is coming across a lender like United Finances who is willing to lend money within 24 hours, without any unnecessary documents or collateral. Yes, there are such lenders, and you can take advantage of their offerings when you need.
© 2013 UnitedFinances.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
UnitedFinances.com is a free comparison service empowering consumers to make better financial decisions. Our services are completely free of charge to our customers. However, this site may be compensated when a user clicks an "apply" or "apply now" button, or other links on the website.